Product Manager (PM) Tire Pressure Monitoring System - TPMS – SMP
Standard Motor Products Inc. is celebrate 100 years of operation in 2019. We are a billion dollar enterprise that has neither forgotten its roots, nor lost the feel of a family run company. Our staff distinguishes us as much as the world-class parts we manufacture and distribute. Demonstrating a rare commitment to quality, a genuine passion for the Automotive Aftermarket. It’s our people who support the products in our Engine Management Division. Join the 3,000+ employees found throughout our Long Island City, NY headquarters, and in 20 factories and distribution centers throughout the country…and world.
A successful TPMS Product Manager will be responsible for the development product strategies for the TPMS Product Line which includes: new product development, product marketing, new product introductions, market research. In addition, you will partner with other internal departments including but not limited to Sales, Catalog, Marketing, Engineering, Distribution and Manufacturing.
- Manage the complete product life cycle process, alongside the Sr. Product Manager, from concept to delivery
- Closely collaborate, work and lead cross-department teams and business groups to drive and develop new products that meet company objectives together with the Sr. Product Manager
- Work in tandem with the marketing services and channel teams to develop product launch programs and sales promotion programs.
- Develop and implement relevant marketing materials to promote your managed product portfolio.
- Conduct end-user and competitive market research to determine margin and profitability targets.
- Work with the Product Management team to develop and execute comprehensive short and long term strategic plans for a profitable
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and develop an understanding of the end users of their product line to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
- Knowledge of the TPMS Product Line (OE manufacturers, competitors, the TPMS Technology, Relearns, Service Kits etc.)
- Ability to work effectively across departments and enhance product growth
- Must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, analytical skills and the ability to Multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3 to 5 years of product management or product marketing experience
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience
Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
Related industries: Electrical/Lighting/Plumbing, Industrial/Commercial supply, Hardware products, HVAC, Tools/Equipment supply and Consumer products