To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Auburn Hills, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Controls Engineer, Siemens
Advantage Resourcing • Auburn Hills, MI
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Controls Engineer, Siemens - Auburn Hills, MI
Automation Controls Engineer will drive the selection, creation and implementation of all new Automation projects.
- Develop and deploy efficient interface solutions between the industrial IT applications (MES, TCO, MRP) and the equipment PLC, insuring robust data flow strategy.
- Analyze the gaps and opportunities to automate further our production sites towards Industry 4.0.
- Propose improvement of the processes, means and PLC program implementations.
- Responsible for control systems planning and implementation into production and/or changes to the manufacturing processes
- Develops plans for new products including manufacturing technologies and available alternatives, investment requirements
- Responsible for final approval of equipment control systems and turnover of projects to manufacturing/production
- Review machine takt times and evaluate capability to meet takt times. Implement corrective actions when takt times not achieved
- Coordinate with Maintenance to minimize down-time. Coach and teach Maintenance personnel in control systems technology
- Train appropriate personnel on new processes, process improvements, failsafe features, program changes.
- Follow procedures and corrective action assignments as required to eliminate or reduce PPM's or improve PPH
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical specialty
- 5-7+ years automotive manufacturing experience
- Must have thorough knowledge of PLC Programming (Siemens is a must) and Computer Applications
- Must have in-depth knowledge of manufacturing control systems including PLC's, robotics and computer applications, assembly techniques, FMEA
- Must be capable of working without supervision and with a wide variety of people from the shop floor to senior managers, vendors, suppliers
- Experience with PLC's for process flows, welding, assembly, staking equipment
- Travel up to 50% of the time
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID