KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: IT Project Manager
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Leads and manages multiple, complex, large and/or global projects. This role coordinates, supports, and assists all aspects of a large, complex, cross-functional, and/or global project from original concept through the final implementation, ensuring governance process adherence, project continuity, and stakeholder management.
- Develops project budgets and is responsible for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on projects.
- Drives business value by leveraging business/technology expertise to identify and prioritize solutions, and by collaborating across departments to deliver multiple complex projects with significant business impact.
- Manage all aspects of large, complex, cross-functional, and/or global IT projects or programs, including monitoring scope, milestones, dependencies, costs, and benefits through lifecycle.
- Develop multiple, complex, large and/or global project or program budgets. Responsible for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on projects or programs.
- Create project artifacts, such as project plans, measures, team and stakeholder communications, resource and time management.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers, vendors and suppliers. Manage key stakeholder and project manager commitment levels and communication. Facilitate vendor and supplier evaluations.
- Ensure projects follow all company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Identify and highlight risks and issues within the project and escalate appropriately. Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies for projects to address risks and issues.
- Lead governance structures and processes to drive and manage the project. Manage implementation of project management methodology and governance tools. Drive projects through project governance methodology and ensure compliance to tollgates.
- Lead regular project and program reviews with Project Managers and stakeholders.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Experience in Research IT; understanding of biologics is a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years with a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading medium and large projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook).
- Experience with planning and managing all phases of system development (e.g., requirements gathering, design, configuration, development, COTS selection, testing, conversion and application support).
- Experience with requirements analysis and gathering.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Certified project management professional (PMP or Prince 2)