Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products and produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
PURPOSE AND ROLE
The Senior Reliability Engineer reports directly to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager and provides the necessary support to accomplish the refinery’s objectives in the most safe, economical, and technically feasible manner. This position is responsible for providing engineering services to optimize equipment life and plant profitability.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all work is performed safely and in accordance with all Calumet procedures
- Champions reliability improvements by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems
- Formulates, implements, maintains, and audits Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Diagnostic Maintenance (PdM) programs
- Analyzes historical, PM and PdM data and makes recommendations for reliability improvement and failure avoidance
- Coordinates Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) processes and tracks the implementation of recommendations through resolution
- Conducts Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and develops reliability strategies
- Utilizes reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues
- Participates in audits to measure the effectiveness of reliability related activities such as equipment repairs, part quality, and failure investigation processes
- Assists Operations, Product Control, and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters
- Advises engineering on new capital designs and installations to ensure that equipment reliability, operability, and maintainability are preserved
- Reviews equipment specifications and standards and develops recommendations for reliability improvements
- Recommends projects and/or studies to support overall plant reliability
- Develops cost justification for reliability improvements
- Trains on new technologies and methods for maintaining equipment to increase reliability
- Continues to improve the reliability tools and methods utilized in increasing plant reliability
- Ensures proper spare parts inventory levels for sustaining equipment maintainability and availability
- Other duties and/or activities as assigned by the Calumet management team
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, with 5 years of experience in rotating and fixed equipment in a Chemical, or related Industrial field and strong exposure to rotating equipment principles and practices, vibration analysis, and instrument and electrical fundamentals
- Working knowledge of API codes
- Flexible and willing to work rotating shifts as needed – including overtime and nights/weekend callouts
- Very strong troubleshooting capability
- Proven safety experience/training and leadership regarding oil and gas operations including but not limited to: confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, safe work permits, personal protective equipment, and other critical safety procedures
- Possesses skills in PC Workstation, Windows, etc.
- Working knowledge of functions and design/operation of plant rotating and fixed equipment, process, and products; methods development and procedures; repair maintenance of rotating and fixed equipment
- Ability to prepare, administer, and monitor departmental budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, with 7-10 years of experience in rotating and fixed equipment in a Chemical, or related Industrial field and strong exposure to rotating equipment principles and practices, vibration analysis, and instrument and electrical fundamentals
- Background in performing root cause failure analyses, developing corrective action plans, and tracking all rotating equipment KPI’s
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize tasks with minimal direction or oversight
- Ability to learn any potential new Engineering processes/systems and equipment quickly
- JD Edwards knowledge
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Failure Causes