All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Sign-on Bonus*
- Relocation Bonus*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 400 Celebration Pl, Kissimmee, FL 34747
The community you’ll be caring for:
The role you’ll contribute: Under general supervision performs General Sonographic procedures in accordance with department protocols. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager. Always follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam.
- Reviews all images on Ultrasound machine or IMPAX (PACS) and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Rescans patient as requested by Radiologist. Is open to critique of exams by Radiologist and/or department Manager/ Educator.
- Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Demonstrates ability to coordinate acceptable patient throughput in either an IP and/or OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity. Follows direction from Manager and Lead Sonographer. All FT and PT dayshift/weekday employees must participate in the System back up call rotation.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- A minimum of the following two American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) specialty examinations:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Abdomen (AB) AND
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Basic Life Support
- Customer Service
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography