Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science®
The successful candidate will work in California and support surveying/mapping, GIS and Civil Engineering activities.
The Senior Land Surveyor will work with office and field personnel and will be responsible for conducting various types of survey functions including but not limited to: coordinating field survey crews, maintaining necessary survey equipment, collecting necessary survey data for a varied range of projects, boundary resolution, and other cadastral related tasks. The ideal candidate should be familiar with all aspects of boundary surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title surveys, topographic surveys, high precision control, construction stakeout, laser scanning, and as-built survey techniques. The position requires occasional travel and can be physically demanding.
The Senior Land Surveyor will be responsible for start to finish management of projects, including technical, schedule, quality, and financial management of the projects assigned to them. Additionally, they will be responsible for creating client relationships, identifying opportunities, writing proposals and qualification documents, and working with others to pursue larger more complex projects and programs. Mentoring of more junior staff and development of procedures to utilize new technologies are also expectations of this position.
* Willing and able to continually learn new techniques and processes as well as operate various types of equipment to become more efficient;
* Provide technical assistance for CADD operators and design staff as to how the project looks in the field; coordinate site visits with project team personnel;
* Familiarity with boundary resolution and preparation of record documents;
* Assist others on the survey crew to become more efficient;
* Often work with other technical disciplines as needed;
* Strong AutoCAD and Civil3D and Trimble Business Center knowledge;
* Strong skills in technical writing and verbal communication;
* Collect survey data as required in accordance with industry and client specifications, scopes of work, and work plans
* Associates Degree or higher in a Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent preferred;
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in the survey profession;
* Registration as a Professional Land Surveyor in the State of California is highly desirable; (ability to obtain within 6 months is a must);
* Direct survey experience with government, rural boundary surveys, private development and construction industry is also a plus;
* The ability to operate various equipment including conventional and robotic total stations, and GPS field equipment is required;
* Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Word and Excel), computer-based engineering design software and GIS programs (AutoCAD Civil 3d, MicroStation and ESRI Arc GIS), and survey data processing software (Trimble Business Center or Star*Net) is required;
* Candidate must be able to work effectively with other technical professionals and provide leadership in the field;
* A valid California State driver's license is required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Land Surveyor - Irvine, CA
Health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities
Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Land Surveyor - Irvine, CA
Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
* Organization: 200 IEW
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Auto Cad
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Construction Engineering