JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the dispatch operations in the Transportation Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Prepare daily records and memos, and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Complete transportation pouches including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps and stores keys for drivers.
- Develop and update driver and helper dispatch schedule daily.
- Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
- Set up daily tractor/trailer assignment for drivers.
- Verify roadworthiness and keep maintenance records for tractors and trailers.
- Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
- Expedite driver manifests and highlight keys.
- Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
- Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with Driver Specialists, Customers and managers.
- Meet this position?s physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of mainframe computer software (PeopleSoft) relating to record keeping/scheduling for drivers and helpers. Preferred experience in Windows environment and on Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
- Have a 2 years in similar function (preferred).
- Map reading abilities.
- Understanding of distribution systems.
- Ability to communicate in various methods with different levels.
- Mathematical ability for maintaining schedules.
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
- Requires night and weekend work as needed.
- Be able to work alone and in group settings.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close proximity to other teammates.
Please apply at mclaneco.com
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.