$3,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates!!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
As a Telephonic RN Case Manager for the Kidney Resource Services program, you will be responsible for clinical operations and medical management activities across the continuum of care from assessing and planning to implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating. You will also be responsible for providing health education, coaching and treatment decision support for members.
***The schedule for this position includes some evening hours where you will be expected to work until approximately 8pm, based on member availability. For example: 11am-8pm OR a split shift 8am-12pm and then 4pm-8pm***
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from home within the United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members and services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Utilizing Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Making "welcome home" calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Documenting and tracking findings
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensures (application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG).
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- Multiple state licensures (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- 2+ years of RN experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting, or experience as a Telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Renal, Chronic Kidney Disease or Dialysis Care experience as a main focus of your job
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), including the ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating a Windows environment
- Must reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high speed internet connection or can leverage existing high-speed internet service
- Access to dedicated workspace from home for in home office set up
- Ability to work schedule listed
- Diabetic educator experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- ICU, Cardiology or Critical Care experience
- Solid working knowledge of hypertension and/or diabetes
- Experience with discharge planning
- Telephonic case management experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Nurse, Case Manager, Telephonic, Dialysis, Nephrology, Kidney, Renal, Diabetes, Diabetic, Medicare, Geriatric, High Risk, Telecommute, Work From Home, Virtual, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter