A client of Ultimate Staffing has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst on a permanent basis. The position will be responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis functions to support the Plant Controller. Supports timely and accurate monthly closing of records in compliance with GAAP accounting principles and policies. Supports meaningful financial analysis that can be used to be better understand trends and guide business decisions.
* Supports the plant closing process and ensures reporting is timely and accurate. Prepares journal entries, required corporate reporting, and coordination with shared service departments.
* Prepares and maintains fixed assets schedules.
* Assists with calculating key reserves and monthly sales commissions.
* Supports preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations and the analysis of ledger accounts to ensure financial accuracy.
* Prepares and distributes daily, weekly, monthly plant performance metrics and other financial reporting.
* Prepares information for the physical inventory and cycle counting programs.
* Calculates, analyzes, summarize and reports work order performance and variances utilizing accounting software.
* Administers accounting software database for inventory of parts, bills of material and routing. Updates selling prices of finished goods.
* Compiles routine data on parts and manufacturing cost for inventory accountability, verification of actual costs, and preparation of cost rolls.
* Reviews customer and supplier accounts for appropriate aging and credit control.
* Conducts and documents moderately complex financial analysis activities associated with general ledger, financial and operating reports and budget analysis.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of directly related experience.
* Thorough understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls.
* Must be able to effectively research, evaluate, analyze complex problems; develop recommendations and drive towards sound solutions. Excellent math & analytical skills are needed to be successful in this position.
* Strong organization and project planning skills are needed to manage multiple priorities while maintaining required accuracy and meeting deadlines using effective time management skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products including Word, Outlook & PowerPoint. Must have high degree of proficiency using spreadsheets (Excel).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Must be able to work effectively within the team but also work independently and make sound decisions with minimum supervision and have the initiative to drive goals and projects through completion.
* Personal integrity, honesty and ethics are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.