Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Healthcare Analyst you will support the data integration from multiple sources and conduct research and investigation of key business problems. Using exception analytical skills, you will develop and improve data management techniques and support quantitative data analytics for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will participate in projects identifying potential areas for improvement in data management and usage. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead support and analyses of provider contracting (hospital, ancillary, pharmacy, physician) and unit cost management activities for specific market
- Provide detailed analytics to support network development strategies
- Develop reimbursement structures for Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business
- Create detailed financial and network pricing models
- Perform regular and repeatable data extraction, aggregation, and quality checking from multiple sources and tables in support of trend identification, root cause analysis
- Assess and interpret business requirements and propose technical solutions
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analyses
- Work with minimal guidance; seek guidance on complex tasks
- Translate concepts into practice
- Provide explanations and information to others on data availability, content and interpretation
- Research data quality questions; present findings; and suggest solutions as necessary
- Create custom data extracts and aggregation processes in support of one-time studies
- Participate in projects by contributing to database creation, maintenance, and enhancement
- Create reporting tools to investigate sources of variations
- Produce and review reports
- Perform related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare working with claims data and/or medical coding
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare data analytics
- Proficient creating PowerPoint presentations and presenting complex findings to leadership
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel (creating pivot tables, writing functions and formulas)
- Experience working with large data sets
- Proficiency with SQL (building and performing queries)
- Up to 10% travel as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of experience manipulating large data sets (Access, SQL, Snowflake)
- 2+ years of experience working with hospital contract pricing and coding (DRG, CPT/HCPCS, APC, etc.)
- Detail-oriented self-starter, critical thinker, with analytic skills and evidence of creative, proactive problem solving
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Analyst, Data Analysis, Health Care, Claims, Medical Coding, Telecommute, Telecommuter