To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1130 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20036
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Marriott Vacations Worldwide • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Contribute to the success of the organization and sales distribution site by effectively using sales techniques and processes to convert prospective owners into purchasers as well as reload Owners. Develop relationships with prospective owners by soliciting and following up on referrals and leads. Cater the sales experience to the individual needs and preferences of each potential owner, and follow through with the sales contract process to ensure that all required paperwork and legally required documents are completed accurately and in a timely manner efficiently. Maintain the customer relationship after the sale is complete to ensure continued owner satisfaction with the organization and to develop future business opportunities (i.e., reloads, referrals, additional sales).
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in English (additional language required for certain positions)
- Incumbent is required to maintain an active and in-good standing professional Real Estate License where mandated by law
- One year previous Vacation/Timeshare Sales experience
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Work at night (occasionally)
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Building and Maintaining Customer Base
- Answer owner questions regarding use of properties and location amenities; make recommendations given the background information obtained on the owner through discovery.
- Follow up on referrals/leads from owners.
- Fulfill requests from owners or prospects regarding pricing, property maps, property descriptions, room locations, and portfolio/network information.
- Contact owners to monitor satisfaction, make aware of upcoming promotions, and develop business opportunities (e.g., reloads, referrals).
- Develop and maintain records on customer contacts and use that information to support effective follow-up opportunities.
- Monitor contract processing to minimize rescission decisions, provide comprehensive owner assurance and ensure timeliness of closings.
Giving Sales Presentations
- Follow and adhere to the Consultative Sales Process when presenting to owners and guests.
- Establish trust with the prospective owner and Owners throughout the entire sales process to build on-going rapport.
- Discover the needs of prospective owners and Owners through a series of strategically layered questions/discussion and utilize the information to customize the sales presentation.
- Provide prospective owners and Owners a Sales Gallery, Property and Model tour specific to their sales distribution site.
- Explain the features, advantages and benefits of the product and advocate the appropriate amount of points to accommodate the prospective owners and Owners current and future vacation needs.
- Complete and close the sales contract process by ensuring all required/legal paperwork and documents are signed and notarized.
- Practice and continue to develop and improve sales script and presentation.
- Ensure clear understanding of finance options and present as an approach to ownership.
- Prepare for daily appointments (e.g., review tour sheet, owner history, presentation details, etc).
- Follow up face-to-face guest interaction with email, phone, or mail correspondence and facilitates use of Vacation Ownership Advisor.
- Answer Owner and customer questions regarding product information, servicing issues, construction work, financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Use, demonstrate, and/or coordinate virtual tour (eTour) software for guests.
Conducting and Managing Business Transactions
- Assure complete and accurate processing of documents pertaining to sales.
- Review details of contracts with prospective owners and Owners once they decide on purchase.
- Thoroughly review loan applications and financial documents with the customer and ensure completed properly.
- Work with Sales Management to minimize cancellations, provide comprehensive owner assurance and ensure timeliness of closings.
- Analyze problems and formulate a strategy and plan to overcome challenges of getting work done quickly with a high degree of quality.
- Complete purchase summary worksheet at end of each sale.
- Reach out to and influence Legacy Owners and Every Other Year (EOY) Owners to enroll, upgrade and maximize all reload opportunities.
Providing Service to Others
- Respond to and monitor the resolution of customer and Owner inquiries in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Leverage resources for providing service to guests and Owners (e.g., Vacation Ownership Advisors) in an effective manner.
- Manage time effectively to punctually attend daily team meetings, training sessions, and guest/owner appointments.
- Demonstrate total understanding of the culture and processes of the organization.
- Improve sales presentation approach through self-critique, practice, and lessons from the feedback provided by others (e.g., Sales Manager Coaches, Guests, Owners).
- Participate in formal training sessions offered by management team.
- Attend daily huddles and regularly scheduled team/manager meetings.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of other Sales/Membership Executives as requested.
- Maintain an awareness of current events (e.g., news, sports, pop-culture) and information on site locations to enable and promote customer relationship building.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulation around all sales and/or marketing activity (i.e. Do Not Call Lists, State registrations, Exemptions, etc).