Founded at the rise of the AIDS Crisis in 1986, the CARE Center is Long Beachs largest and oldest HIV medical and support services provider, serving over 1800 clients. CARE provides a comprehensive range of onsite HIV services in the context of a one-stop multidisciplinary care and service center. CARE is designated by the County of Los Angeles as a PrEP Center of Excellence, and St. Mary Medical Center is recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality. Click here to learn more [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to RN Case Manager as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach, California. The hospital offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to RN Case Manager for more information.Responsibilities
The registered nurse shall serve as a Medical Case Manager who coordinates with all parties involved in the care of the patient to provide the most effective care and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS and ensures that the patients' biomedical needs are met. This position formulates care plans based upon assessment data and provision of care priorities, in collaboration with the Clinical Social Worker. Modifies the plan of care based on reassessment findings and specific patient care needs and changes in the medical treatment plan. Through the delivery of brief interventions the Medical Case Manager will assist patients towards behavior changes that will enhance HIV treatment adherence and reduction of risk behaviors. The Medical Case Manager coordinates behavioral interventions and support services with the patient's medical care to promote improved health outcomes. The position is responsible for delivering patient-centered activities that focus on addressing health status, engagement and retention in care, adherence to HIV medications, and HIV risk reduction.
- RN Licensure
- Three (3) years preferred
- HIV clinical practice experience and relevant experience within the scope of their licensure.
- Good organizational skills and ability to maintain client files, charts and test results.
- Possess basic computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office software, data entry, and use of internet and internet research.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to build rapport with clients (i.e. customer service skills, outreach) and talk openly sexual risk taking behaviors.
- Have solid knowledge of HIV disease, including natural history, symptoms, and treatment.
- Knowledgeable regarding frequently seen HIV co-morbidities: STDs, Hepatitis and Tuberculosis including transmission and treatment.
- Knowledge and experience working with behavioral risk groups, including Injection Drug Users, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgendered Community.
- Have strong quality management skills; ensure compliance with all contract guidelines and regulations.
- Licensed in good standing in the State of California as a Registered Nurse
- Electronic Medical Record
- Disease Management
- Long Term Care
- Registered Nurse