Services and repairs automotive systems via Firestone Direct mobile van service.Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) is part of Bridgestone Americas and employs over 22,000 teammates in North America. BSRO operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus and Wheel Works locations. With locations across North America and more than $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. Whatever role you fill, when you represent the Bridgestone name, you are a valued teammate, and part of our larger mission to Serve Society with Superior Quality. We start by offering each teammate more than just competitive pay. We provide formal training, performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, competitive healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build towards your future. We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole self to work and know they are supported. We believe in championing all perspectives, individuals and teams because we understand the importance of seeing the world and our business through many different lenses. We are building a team as diverse as the world we serve. So, show us what you are made of. Show us the smart stuff, the tough stuff, the bold, beautiful and brave stuff. Because who you are is what we need.
Customer and Vehicle Service (85%)
* Follow all Mobile Tire Safety procedures and adhere to safety Policies.
* Follows all applicable Mobile Tire Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Policies.
* Interact and communicate with customers in a respectful and appropriate manner.
* Responsible for selling tires and services, booking & managing appointments.
* Practices proficiency in the application of Mobile Tire methods, standards and procedures.
* Safely Drive company provided vehicles and accountable for protecting all tools and equipment on the mobile unit.
* Road tests customer vehicles where necessary and appropriate to ensure proper vehicle function.
* Performs inspections on assigned vehicles following BSRO procedures (according to M.A.P. Guidelines) to records findings into Mobile Field Management system.
* Adequately record and explain mechanical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include teammates and Bosses on an as-required basis.
* Performs tasks for which they are qualified in one or more of the following areas: brakes, electrical, engine performance, engine repair, heating/air conditioning, suspension/steering, automatic transmissions/transaxles and manual drivetrains and axles.
* Keeps store management aware of service area mechanical repair problems as they occur.
* Performs other duties as assigned or as required for the orderly management of the store, such as: removing mounting and/or installing tires, changing oil & filters, batteries and other automotive supplies and services; loading and unloading trucks requiring the movement of items weighting up to 100 lbs.
* Drives company vehicles to drop off and pick-up automotive parts.
* Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay or become proficient in automotive diagnosis and repair.
* Maintains A.S.E. certification(s).
Miscellaneous Functions (15%)
* Operate the mobile unit using the Bridgestone Mobile Tire IT platform and streamline system and process improvements.
* Maintains Mobile Unit standards of cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of space and equipment in the Mobile Units & on location.
* Reviews maintenance/operating efficiency of tools and store equipment, i.e. engine diagnostic equipment, brake lathes, etc. Notify manager of any need for qualified repair vendor to perform the maintenance.
* Complies with company safety policy and federal/state OSHA safety requirements which include, but is not limited to, the wearing of approved eye protection, proper lifting techniques, proper wheel torqueing, proper footwear, etc.
* Attends meetings as required by management.
* Other duties as assigned by Mobile Tire Market Manager, or Director of Operations
* Reading and writing.
* Ability to learn basic mechanical tasks.
* Must have a valid automobile driver's license at all times and be able to drive customer and company vehicles
* Must have a minimum 2 years of automotive repair experience, completion of Vocational-Technical School program in a related field or demonstrated skills via third party certificates/assessment.
* A.S.E. certification in at least one of A1-A8 is required. (New hires with external similar qualifications/certifications will have up to 2 years of employment to comply.)
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Engine Tuning