To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Las Vegas, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Nurse Practitioner or PA - SMA - Las Vegas, NV - 15K Sign - On Bonus for External Candidates
UnitedHealth Group • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 16 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 200 providers, fourteen clinical locations including nine health care centers, five urgent care clinics and an outpatient surgery center. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of Optum, part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
In this role, you will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care in a clinic setting. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. You will assess and provide treatment to patients of various age groups. You will diagnose conditions, create treatment plans, and prescribe medications as related to the treatment plan. You will collaborate with a physician to achieve the best health outcomes for the patient. You will enjoy opportunities for career growth and continuing education opportunities.
- Rapidly formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the clinic setting
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients assigned within the primary care team
- Develop and actualize plans for the primary care team as assigned
- Provide guidance to nursing personnel towards treatment plans and care issues
- Document treatment plans in the medical record
- Collaborate with physician and documents physician guidance as needed
- Coordinate care for patients
- Exposure to patients with potential infectious disease
We offer an attractive base salary, $15,000 sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD / LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays.
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner Certification in Primary Care, Geriatric, Adult or Physician Assistant certification, or ability to obtain
- Active unrestricted APRN or PA-C license in Nevada, or ability to obtain
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Advanced assessment and treatment plan implementation skills
- Ability to complete clinical care lifting in a provider office environment
- DEA License required, or ability to obtain
- Experience with EMR
- Geriatric care experience
- Knowledge of mental health issues
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-9 coding
- Strong acute care experience in a primary care clinic, urgent care, or retail clinic
- Ability to formulate a differential diagnosis
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
- Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation
- Ability to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
- A background in managed care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, geriatrics, SMA, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Job ID: 2551_744777
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.