Shop is located in Hagerman, NM with frequent travel to Roswell, NM.
Manages truck/trailer maintenance for one or more terminals. Direct service operations and supervise mechanics and support staff in terminal. Maximize equipment utility, customer satisfaction and operational profitability.
- Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and succession planning. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Manage the service operations and financial performance at more complex facilities. Assist in creating the service budget. Monitor and maintain the budget. Organize, plan and implement repair solutions that utilize the best cost option to maximize equipment utility and operational profitability.
- Analyze operating costs, equipment utilization and efficiency, and technician wages/productivity and identify opportunities for improvement. Develop and implement new processes to better meet established organization's needs and operational goals.
- Manage purchasing of parts, tires, oil and shop supplies and services utilizing Ruan national account programs and manage inventories.
- Identify and resolve service repair and scheduling problems through timely communication with customers, drivers, vendors and Ruan personnel.
- Ensure compliance with company rules, DOT, OSHA, EPA, DOL and other government regulatory agencies. Maintain current permits on vehicles.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers, on-site personnel, vendors and all levels of Ruan personnel.
- Maintain shop facility to company standards.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Associate, Vocational or Technical Degree
Course of Study:
Diesel Mechanic Trade School with current status of ASE Certified Technician or demonstrated competency through equivalent experienced in Diesel Engine Repair, Drive Train, Brakes, Suspension and Steering, Electrical/Electrical Systems, Heating and Air Conditioning, and/or Medium & Heavy Truck PMI (T-2 through T-8). Perfer L2 Advanced Diesel Specialist designation.
Type of experience:
Minimum of 2 year experience as lead technician or service manager. Requires experience performing mechanical work on a various types of tractors/trailers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Employee should have broad knowledge in DOT rules and regulations. Strong math skills with the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages. Must have very good working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn various computer software applications. Demonstrated leadership and management ability. Must have good interpersonal and relationship management skills and demonstrate cooperation and teamwork in accomplishing goals and objectives. Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Needs the ability to set priorities and accomplish duties of position with little supervision and direction.