Travel Required: Less than 10%
The Junior System Administrator supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users.
The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
Junior System Administrator responsibilities include:
- Experience with installing, configuring, patching, hardening, maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading Windows servers and workstations and Red Hat/Centos servers.
- Experience with managing virtual machines through VMware's vCenter/ESXi or similar platforms.
- Experience with managing and configuring Active Directory (especially Computers, Users, and DNS)
- Experience with analyzing scans, and then implementing security hardening, using standards such as the DISA STIG.
- Fairly extensive experience in any two of the following scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Powershell, Ruby, and Python.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Configuration management which includes thorough documentation of all network/hardware changes.
- Create, modify, and change MS domain user/computer accounts and Group Policy (GPO)
- Maintain and configure printers.
- Ensure all systems are running antivirus clients with most recent AV signatures.
- Perform configuration/life cycle management.
- Repair/replace hardware and software as required.
- Track software licensing.
- Configure/administer network devices.
- Correct/mitigate vulnerabilities as required.
- Perform/monitor daily backup of systems/critical data.
- Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
(Most important!!) A willingness to learn new software, technologies, and platforms.
Qualities/Additional info: Junior System Administrator should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. System Administrator should also be a self-starter, capable of working projects, independently if necessary.
Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five (5) years IT experience with at least three (3) years experience administering Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2013/2016.
- Must have five (5) years experience as a Network Administrator in LAN/WAN environment, knowledge with Cisco Switching/Routing/Security administration and maintenance. Server Configuration, Setups and Installations.
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills along with collaborative, teaming and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory, and MS Outlook.
- Experience with Dell servers/workstations and CISCO routers/switches.
- Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC),
- RHCE, Certification and/or MCSE, CCNA, CCSA.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Perl (Programming Language)
Bash (Scripting Language)