Requisition ID: 113948
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Experienced Drainage Designer Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Group based in Denver, CO, US. The Experienced Drainage Designer Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Design Engineering team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position will be based out of Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Englewood, CO (South Denver) office.
The candidate will be part of a design team responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. Key responsibilities include the following:
• In office work primarily
• Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
• Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
• Use Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads 3Dmodeling software
• Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Follow various DOT Standards and work with companies’ CAD Standards when applicable
• Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Civil-3D, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
• Associate Degree preferred
• At least 5 years’ experience in CAD production of highway and civil designs
• Design-Build or Design project experience a plus
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for highway / civil and other infrastructure work
• Assist in specification preparation for project design
• Read and understand construction documents
• Proficiency in Micro Station
• Knowledge in AutoCAD a plus
• Knowledge of ArcGIS and surface generation a plus
• Knowledge in Geopak a plus
• Drainage design experience a plus
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers, Designers and Constructors
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
*Communication*Cultural Fit*Leadership*Planning/Organization*Position Specific Acumen
Base Compensation: $69,000 - $104,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Arc Gis (Gis Software)