To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI 48120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AK Steel • Dearborn, MI
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Metallurgist to join our Quality Team. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Responsible for determining the root causes of nonconforming material, ensuring the quality of any products processed in the appropriate operating unit and developing and implementing the best processes to improve material conformance
- Investigates sources of nonconforming materials. Initiates containment actions for potentially rejected materials.
- Analyzes process variables in order to reduce rejections and/or variation through corrective actions.
- Performs dock audits of units that ship materials to customers. Investigates any customer issues or claims that pertain to processing of material in the Metallurgist's assigned area.
- Analyzes data using statistical analysis, statistical process and quality control, designed experiments and trial orders.
- Implements procedural and/or standard changes that will result in better performance.
- Analyzes reject data and investigates sources of rejected materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related field required
- Related metallurgy experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and leadership abilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.