OverviewWho We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation's largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
- Employees and their relatives are eligible for a discounted meal plan at any of our HBCU client locations while they are attending school
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Professional Appearance