Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree or Juris Doctor degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required within one year of hire. A DoD TS/SCI w/ poly may be required. Applicants with at least a DoD Secret security clearance preferred. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an immediate opening for an Advanced Contracts Specialist to join our Contracts team. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the business operations that support some of our nation’s fundamental defense services, specifically secure communications networks. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
We are seeking a contracts professional well versed in Government, Commercial and International Contracting to manage a wide array of contractual engagements covering the entire life cycle, including new business formation, proposal generation, negotiations, contract formation, change management and contract closeout. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams, monitoring contract performance to maximize earnings and return on investment. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Senior Advanced Contracts Specialist will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will work primarily in a secure facility.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- An advanced level position in a field of contract management
Administers contracts and monitors contract performance, keeping a keen eye on our contract obligations and adjustments
- Acts as focal point for all contractual communications and commitments with both internal and external stakeholders
- Assures compliance with applicable federal regulations and internal policies and procedures
- Reviews Requests for Proposals and participates in preparing compliant proposal responses
- Negotiates proposals within business goals and documents substance of discussions, agreements and results
- Reviews contractual documents for accuracy, performance risk, and conformance with contract terms, conditions, and other provisions including applicable federal regulations and business team objectives prior to signature / acceptance
- Works as a key member of program team to ensure contract requirements are fully understood and executed
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding contract issues, audits, and compliance requirements
- Manages contract change process and works with Program Management, Engineering, Finance and other disciplines to mitigate performance risk
- Advises and supports business team on issues / developments relative to assigned contracts
- Monitors program performance for scope changes and takes appropriate action
- Builds customer relationships and knows customer needs and issues
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a proficient understanding of contracts management; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of applicable federal regulations (FAR/DFARS) and contracting experience with Prime Contractors as wells as all contract types
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Proficient with FAR/DFAR Data Rights Assertions, with the ability to work with technical SMEs to understand and protect GDMS intellectual property
- Experience with commercial contracting, specifically software license agreements
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- Skilled in negotiation of contracts of moderate to high risk / complexity
- Has experience reviewing and analyzing contractual documents for accuracy, performance risk, and conformance with contract terms, conditions, and other provisions
- Due to security restrictions, must be familiar with and able to assimilate functions such as Finance, informal earned value, scheduling and property management as it pertains to contract management
- Possesses proficient verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers to control scope, negotiate proposals, and build relationships
- Demonstrates proficient analytical/critical thinking skills; attention to detail and research skills
- Is able to prioritize/re-prioritize with changing goals and tight deadlines
- Collaborates and works effectively cross-functionally throughout the business
- Possesses proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office) to support communications and business needs
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran