SAGE Dining Services is seeking a highly qualified production manager (Chef Manager) with high end catering and large volume production experience
for an independent day school in Olney, MD. This is the chef position for a very large K-12 day school that has a large catering calendar.
School? Yes, it's a school, however at SAGE it is not 'cafeteria' food. Our chefs and culinary teams are talented individuals who know how to prepare a great meal! Menus, written by our chefs and prepared from scratch
, reflect local and regional foods, flavors and culinary styles. Our culinary team's cooking methods, recipe development and expertise make every dining experience truly unique. Our catering events rival five star restaurants.
Check out this video about what we do:URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply
So if you absolutely have a passion for food, want to have a schedule that is more 'life friendly' than that of a restaurant, contact us today. Our best managers are as skilled in front of the house presentation and showmanship as they are in the kitchen.
This is a management salaried year-round position.
- produce high quality scratch batch cooking
- manage and train the kitchen staff
- demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
- create menus
- implement and maintain HACCP standards
- develop client and customer relationships
- deliver fabulous catering results
- communicate clearly, professionally and effectively
- deliver budgeted financial results
- create a positive team environment
- manage ordering and inventory
- Minimum 3 years of prior food service management experience, academic community experience a plus
- high volume production experience, minimum three years
- high end catering experience
- knowledgeable in current food trends
- community/ service minded
- detail oriented
- energetic demeanor
- strong work ethic and integrity
- timely responses to communication
- proficiency with computers
- culinary degree preferred but not required
Join a team of dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal!
At SAGE, we are known for creating exceptional dining experiences. We write innovative recipes that reflect diverse regional and international cuisines; we use the freshest, highest-quality ingredients on the market; and we cook from scratch in small batches.
Make a positive impact on students at some of the top independent schools and colleges in the country. Enjoy a small, community-focused environment and an authentic work-life balance. Cultivate your culinary skills with a value-based company that prefers to promote from within.
Submit your resume today, and realize your potential with SAGE.
Pre-employment background/credit/fingerprint check and drug screen required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Certified Nursing Assistant