Stowe Area Association (SAA) is the official Destination Marketing Organization for the mountain resort community of Stowe, Vermont. The association’s mission is to market and sell Stowe. This position is expected to perform at a professional level, provide excellent customer service to visitors and members, and act as a liaison for the Stowe Area Association. The position reports to the Executive Director and Marketing Manager.
This position is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and make connections working on a variety of projects throughout the annual marketing cycle. There are other perks including excursions with various activity activities and attractions and other immersion experiences to learn about area businesses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and build relationships with SAA members.
- Develop SAA membership through new member recruitment.
- Manage membership assessments and renewal process.
- Report on marketing impact for members.
- Develop membership recruitment packages.
- Create and distribute eNewsletters to members.
- Respond to member inquiries.
- Plan and organize monthly Membership Mixers.
- Oversee and execute the planning of the Annual Meeting and dinner.
- Develop and distribute yearly membership program reports.
- Manage the Stowe First member gift certificate program.
- Plan, and create outlines and presentations for all membership meetings.
- Create and distribute annual membership survey.
- Support planning of educational programming.
- Manage Stowe Perks program.
- Maintain SAA member files and database.
- Coordinate with the SAA Bookkeeper to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of members and collection.
- Membership program budget and expense management.
- Assist with the creation and execution of marketing campaigns to build the Stowe, Vermont brand.
- Manage updates and changes to the GoStowe.com website.
- Develop content for and assist with social media management.
- Oversee bi-annual collateral production and distribution.
- Coordinate and execute special seasonal promotions.
- Support publicity, advertising, and outreach efforts of SAA.
- Update online calendar submissions and distribution of marketing collateral.
- Help to develop strategic partnerships with key businesses, community groups, and organizations.
- Sell marketing opportunities to current and prospective members.
- Maintain consumer and member databases.
- Marketing program budget and expense management.
- Support special projects as assigned by the Executive Director or the Marketing Manager.
- Create materials, posters, and signage for the Visitor Information Center
- Create and/or develop internal ads.
- Train members as needed on using the member web portal.
- Attend the following meetings:
- Weekly staff meetings
- Monthly member meetings
- Seasonal membership meetings
- Annual membership meeting
- Monthly member mixers
Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required
- High School Diploma, Associates or college degree required, emphasis in Journalism/PR/Marketing a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing or communications. Sales/customer service and event planning experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, and website content management. WordPress and Canva experience are a plus. As well as the use of social media in a business setting, website publishing tools, analytics programs, and photography is desired.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to create a positive impression of Go Stowe while responding to members either by telephone, email, or in-person.
- Normal business hours, with occasional early morning, evening, and weekend hours.
- May be required to stand for extended periods.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Annual starting base salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health care, 5% commissions on new membership sign-up; 22 days of paid time off; and reimbursements for qualified expenses and mileage.
Interviews to begin immediately.
- Adobe In Design
- Content Management
- Customer Service