Vascular Technologist - AdventHealth Medical Group-
Location Address: 2415 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32804
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
Work Hours/Shift: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-5:00pm, Fri 7:30am-12:00pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates competency in Peripheral Vascular diagnostics, including performing:
- vascular studies (arterial studies of the upper and lower arms)
- venous studies of the upper and lower arms
- cerebrovascular studies
- abdominal vascular studies
- graft imaging
- hemodialysis access
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- cold sensitivity tests
- temporal artery ultrasound
- Equipment operations and maintenance
- Recognizes normal and abnormal vascular anatomy and physiology.
- Able to generate a preliminary report.
- Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
- Accurately records verbal and telephone vascular orders from physicians in the patient record.
- Participates in the hospital CQI.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Graduate of an AMA approved vascular program, required
- BLS certified, required
- Registered under the ARDMS (RVT) guideline, required
- Four (4) years vascular experience in non-invasive testing, preferred
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, instrumentation , basic physics, patient care and medical ethics.
- Must be willing to float to other AHMG practices, due to patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
Responsible for using diagnostic medical equipment to diagnose various medical conditions. Sonography is the use of sound waves to generate an image for assessment and diagnosis. Must specialize in vascular specialty. Performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical sonographic diagnoses. Has latitude for independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative. Assists physicians as requested and selects practical application and technical factor
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Registered Vascular Technologist