To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vienna, VA 22180
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Physical Security Specialist
Navy Federal Credit Union • Vienna, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To install, maintain, repair, and reconfigure security equipment located at Navy Federal Headquarters and domestic and foreign work locations to support the protection of Navy Federal financial and intellectual assets, property, personnel, members and vendors.
1. Installs, maintains, repairs and reconfigures security and safety equipment in accordance with the Navy Federal security policy.
* Installs and maintains secured locking devices and responds to requests for entry/access into safes and other locked access environments in branch offices and local/foreign locations
* Installs and repairs locks, locking devices, door and cabinet hardware
* Performs re-key functions with the aid of various key making equipment and computer-aided software (to include e.g. structures key hierarchy, re-pinning lock cores and cylinders and corresponding keys etc.)
* Coordinates and directs the installation and maintenance of security equipment with internal/external business groups (i.e. architects, engineers, design teams, project managers etc.) at all Navy Federal facilities worldwide
* Interprets construction blueprints and (Computer Aided Design) CAD drawings, and inserts recommendations, additional information and changes to ensure maximum performance of equipment and effectiveness of security measures
* Uses a variety of electronic and electrical test equipment to troubleshoot, evaluate or analyze problems associated with all security devices and access systems
* Performs diagnostics remotely of video and access control problematic equipment using computers and instructing less experienced personnel on solution tasks
* Assess computer hardware, and software associated with (Close Circuit TV) CCTV and access control and identify, remedy or communicate concerns clearly and accurately to vendor for technical assistance and resolution
* Responds to requests to change combinations on safes, chests and cipher locks which may involve drilling into inoperative safes or locks and repairing damaged lock components
* Completes requests from the field to create compact discs and/or still photographs from digital video recorders and prepare them in an evidentiary manner to support branch operations audits and security investigations
* Trains applicable NFCU personnel in the use of necessary security equipment
2. Provides security review of site selection and construction planning.
* Provides security recommendations and/or guidance to alarm system providers, construction project managers and sub-trades, fire protection managers, safe riggers, to complete Branch and facility constructions
* Applies and communicates knowledge of fire, life-safety and building codes to plan installation of locking devices and door hardware
* Evaluates security devices and physical layouts/design and provides recommendations and changes for implementation to meet security standards and protocol to internal and external vendors
* Researches, evaluates and procures new technologies in CCTV, access control, alarm systems, and computer systems
* Provides recommendations on modifications to management and/or vendors on existing security and safety systems
3. Participates in installation of security equipment in all Navy Federal domestic and foreign locations.
* Using CAD generated drawings installs wiring for CCTV, access control, and alarms in NFCU facilities worldwide in compliance with country, state, local or military codes to included access control and CCTV hardware
* With direct supervision, installs security equipment according to specifications and local electrical codes to include associated control and distribution apparatus i.e. switches, relays and contacts
* Tests continuity of switches, relays and contacts to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of physical security disciplines such as access control systems (i.e., computerized lock systems), alarms, close circuit television, locks, keys and other security equipment
* Knowledge of tools, codes, materials and safety regulations associated with the telecommunications and electrical trades
* Knowledge of and skill in applying construction practices and techniques in the installation and maintenance of safety/security systems
* Skill in applying mathematic principles to the design and installation of safety/security systems
* Skill in reading and interpreting work schedules and directions, blueprints ie. CAD, diagrams, engineering drawings and manufacturer manuals
* Oral and written communication skills to exchange information clearly and concisely regarding resolution processes, system operation, and troubleshoot system problems, etc.
* Interpersonal and negotiation skills in dealing with all levels of management and a wide variety of individuals
* Demonstrated experience working independently and making logical and sound judgment and decisions
* Skill in operating key duplicating equipment
* Knowledge of personal computer system and software used in maintaining security equipment information
* Valid driver’s license with no restricted citations from regulatory authority
* Experienced locksmith with proven experience with security safes in financial institutions
* Possess a current and valid VA state Electronic Security Technicians License
* Possess a current and valid passport
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability