This position is ideal for a membership professional who is excited about improving the member experience for our members. This includes assisting with the member experience from recruitment efforts to welcome and on boarding efforts and making sure that our members know the value of their membership, so they renew annually. This position regularly interacts with members and provides excellent customer service, so members feel supported by their membership. If you enjoy seeing the success of membership recruitment and retention marketing efforts, and get excited by members when they renew, this position is for you!
This position is responsible for the handling the day-to-day activities for the membership department including membership marketing, membership recruitment and retention, customer service, and database support.
You’ll be part of a large membership team and an integral part of the team in driving our membership renewal rate and growing the association.
- Four years of progressive membership or customer service experience.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in recruiting and retaining members.
- Solid skill set in marketing and communication, sales experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact effectively and cordially with members on phone and in person and can write succinctly and persuasively.
- Experience working with a membership database (Salesforce experience is a plus); demonstrated ability to manage and maintain data records with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, and manage complex projects with limited supervision.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, but also contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Must be energetic, self-starting, and have a strong commitment to the mission and goals of the association.
Membership Operations and Customer Service
- Assists with the development and management of annual plans for membership recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- Contributes to the development and oversight of the membership business process and data standards used in the association management system (Fonteva).
- Works with department leadership to prepare and manage the department budget and to develop weekly membership reports.
- Responsible for managing all activities related to conferences in which ASA has a presence. This includes selection of collateral materials, packing, shipping, inventory management, off site storage, and retrieval from off-site storage. Manages exhibit orders with outside vendors.
- Coordinates and assemble department mailings including those done inhouse as well as those done through a printer. Works with accounting to ensure in-house postage machine is ready, track mailing costs, and manage inventory needed.
- Fields calls, emails, and online chat from members and potential members regarding services, membership renewal, passwords, etc.
- Primary staff member responsible for several email mailboxes and responds accordingly to various member requests or forwards requests onto appropriate ASA staff.
Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Manages all recruitment and retention mailings including creating data files, ensuring adequate supplies, and managing mailing process. This includes working with member service coordinator, marketing department, and outside mail house.
- Manages overall membership invoicing. Works with member service coordinator to track information regarding payment plans.
- Manages onboarding and engagement of small new members; handles application processing, follow-up, and renewal cycle for designated accounts. Connects with members to articulate membership benefits, engage them further with the association, and strategizes to increase our membership growth.
- Manages the membership department marketing schedule and coordinates activities with ASA’s marketing firm and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate department contributions to ASA publications.
- Works with department colleagues and supervisor to develop and implement membership recruitment, retention, and engagement strategies.
- Tracks marketing efforts and work with membership team to improve outreach results.
ASA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, veterans, and people with disabilities.
ASA offers a generous benefits package, including a retirement match and employer-paid health insurance and a hybrid work environment.
ASA requires all employees hired after August 25, 2021, to provide valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Exemptions are available for valid medical reasons or firmly held religious beliefs.
The American Staffing Association is the voice of the U.S. staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry. ASA and its state affiliates advance the interests of the industry across all sectors through advocacy, research, education, and the promotion of high standards of legal, ethical, and professional practices.
- Assembly And Installation
- Association Management
- Attention To Detail
- Business Processes
- Customer Service