We are currently assisting one of our clients in their search for an experienced accounting professional to join their high-energy dynamic team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, managing general accounting for the accurate and timely distribution of financial statements.
- Ensures that all expenses are reconciled properly.
- Maintains chart of accounts and implements internal control measures.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- The controller will be responsible for all accounting functions and financial reporting including accounts receivable, account payables, cash management, general ledger, tax document preparation, inventory control, purchasing, payroll, and retirement accounts.
- Interfacing and reporting to an external accounting firm for tax reporting preparations will be required.
- Continually seeks more efficient ways to perform his/her job and streamline processes.
- Assist with the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 8 years of accounting experience working with multiple entities required
- Strong software experience; including MS Excel
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: BHJOB8234_23815
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in Birmingham, Alabama in 2000 and initially focused on placing IT and Accounting professionals (hence the name "ITAC") in temporary/contract, contract to hire and direct hire positions with clients throughout the country.
ITAC has four offices (click here for our locations) led by a management team mostly comprised of owners in the business, built on decades of industry and corporate staffing experience. We're now also connecting professionals in fields like Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources and all those other roles that keep the wheels turning in every company (where phrases like "heavy lifting" and "sharp objects" only apply to copy paper and staples, respectively).
View the full profile