Maintenance Technician - Medina Plant
This individual is responsible for performing preventive maintenance and repair on plant manufacturing and facilities equipment.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Preheat production equipment for daily startup.
- Perform daily conditions checks on all operating equipment.
- Lubricate assigned equipment according to lubrication schedule.
- Maintain lubricant levels for mixer seal system and strainer ram lubrication system, check pumps daily & maintain grease levels.
- Check all equipment air filters on a daily basis and replaces as necessary.
- Check operation of air compressor and cooling tower daily, notes problems and makes corrections as required.
- Check monthly with Cooling Water Treatment Technician.
- Check operation of algicide feeding system daily and refills as needed.
- Make repairs to facilities as needed to include plumbing, heating, and A/C.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Operate maintenance machine tools, performs welding as needed, cutting torch and brazing.
- Responsible for maintenance shop housekeeping.
- Follow safe practices in the performance of all duties.
- Deliver and picks up items used for maintenance needs.
- Maintain air in line oiler throughout plant when needed "lubricates".
- Perform other miscellaneous maintenance duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4 - 10 years related experience and/or training
- General mechanical knowledge, including pump and piping repair/replacement.
- Basic industrial electrical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, air compressors, and chillers.
- Use of common measurement tools and gauges.
- Basic computer skills, including email and internet.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Production Equipment Controls
Brazing (Metal Work)