To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milan, TN 38358
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Process Engineer - ASSA ABLOY Door Group
ASSA ABLOY Americas • Milan, TN
Posted 25 days ago
Experience - 10 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
We are looking for a Sr. Process Engineer who will support our manufacturing plants in the US by developing, enhancing, and implementing systems that will increase efficiency, assure continued top quality, and optimize all phases for operations from service to manufacturing. This position will travel between locations, leading the efforts of continuous improvement in our processes throughout the Door Group's local engineering and operations teams. It's an exciting opportunity with an exciting company! Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet expectations of each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Education:
- Four year BS engineering, technical degree or equivalency.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, quality and workflows
- Extensive experience with Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing
- General understanding of business strategies, finance, marketing and sales activities.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facilities with significant robotic applications, in a role involving implementation and troubleshooting of material handling and welding robots.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with all project phases, including specification, RFQ, estimating, simulation, vendor runoff, launch, and continuous improvement
- Experience with standardizing processes
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, and project documentation.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Comfortable on the production floor interacting with employees and managers.
- Comfortable in front of customers, vendors, etc.
- Highly functional in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Able to create necessary tools (spreadsheets, Gantt charts, etc.) to be successful.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, by all available means.
- Ability to think and react quickly to changing situations and adjust to changing priorities.
- Have a track record of project completion and process improvement implementation, with proven results
- Ability to work day to day in a manufacturing environment
- Will be a leader who values teamwork and collaboration with the ability to translate technical requirements and accomplish improvements through others
- Leads large project teams of significant scope including other cross-functional colleagues
- Guides design, implementation and verification of process engineering technology initiatives
- Participates in new equipment installation and sign off for release to production.
- Analyzes existing processes, procedures, and methods to ensure and promote effective business and systems operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other possible methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage strategic direction and also be ‘hands on’ when tasks require
- Manages and coordinates activities responsible for improving the efficiencies of processes, methods, and procedures relating to services, equipment, assembly, and new product integration.
- Develops, enhances, and implements systems that increase efficiency and optimize all phases of service or production processes, from design to manufacturing.
- Oversees process design projects, and ensures the efficient and safe functioning of all the processes related to producing a product, substance, or service.
- Evaluates existing processes, suggests measures for improvement, and configures manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, boost productivity, quality, and profitability, and develop best practices within the production process.
- Implements methods and process designs, creates prototypes, tests, and makes necessary modifications where required.
- Responsible for ensuring companies install new equipment and operate existing engineering applications compliant to OSHA standards for safe operation.
- Develops change management proposals, drafts plans and oversees project activities.
- Trains, coaches and mentors other engineers and other cross-function team members.
- Actively participates in the development of equipment standards, buyoff checklists, RFQ documents, etc.
- May serve as cross-functional expert in cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- May assist with customer presentations
- May assist vendors and/or customers with their processes
- May be called upon to assist across the group and outside the group where there are significant production issues.
- May be called upon to develop training programs across the group.
- Participate in VA/VE, Kaizen and other similar events.
- Actively participates in providing a safe and harmonious working environment for all employees
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate governance policies, regulations and laws, AADG programs and policies and the ASSA ABLOY Code of Conduct.
Job ID: 209547
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.