SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
The Real Estate Associate assists in the management of the real estate property portfolio of the company including the leasing, purchasing and sale of property, as well as compliance with zoning regulations. The Real Estate Associate also assists with special projects across the North American Region and legal team as needed.
- Plans, controls, and directs real estate activities.
- Negotiates and approves new leases and renewals/modifications.
- Negotiates and approves subleases.
- Monitors lease terms, and updates lease records.
- Manages real estate consolidation.
- Disposes of facilities that are no longer required by the company.
- Ensures the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
- Works collaboratively with attorneys and business teams to resolve lease/property related disputes.
- Participates in special projects where the experience, ability, or expertise of the attorney merits involvement.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- 3 to 5 years Real Estate Management experience (Required)
- Knowledge of Canadian real estate market (Helpful)
Licenses and Certifications
- New Jersey Real Estate license (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, negotiation and legal reasoning skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and coordinate a variety of internal and external activities having legal significance to the Company
- Ability to manage issues and workload independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel) – Intermediate user proficiency (Required)
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Leasing (Contract Law)
- Microsoft Excel