Job Title: HVAC Building Technician
Job Summary: Responsible for performing tasks that may be assigned in the most efficient and workmanlike manner commensurate with his/her training and capabilities in the best interest of the Company to serve its customers. Perform other functions assigned, maintaining the quality and quantity of his/her work up to acceptable Company standards and in accordance with established policies. Responsible for representing the Company to the customer and the general public in a manner that promotes good relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance of plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, steam systems, specialty items such as doors, locks, door closures, furniture or whatever general mechanical or electrical mechanical work is required.
- Perform preventive maintenance work in its entirety, including repairing and maintaining the necessary records consistent with the maintenance system in the building or buildings to which assigned.
- Train or familiarize with the building any employees assigned to him/her.
- Repair or make recommendations to supervisor on any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
- Keep accurate time sheets.
- Submit, as required, mechanics reports for all work done.
- Repair and troubleshoot gas and oil fired burners and related controls as applies.
- Repair, troubleshoot any and all mechanical systems, which are the contractor’s responsibility, including heating, ventilation, and cooling systems and all related equipment as applies.
- Assist in all energy conservation projects.
- Make periodic building rounds to check all HVAC equipment and keep accurate log sheets as required.
- Maintain log of work done and parts used.
- Maintain and keep up to date all repair history cards, as applies.
- Planning and estimating
- Be aware of requests for maintenance equipment in his/her work area.
- Assist in getting or estimating prices if required.
- See to the efficient operation of all equipment under his/her care as required.
- Attend meetings as required
- Assure high work standards as a BTE representative.
- Extensive experience with Metasys and Trane Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Extensive experience with Variable Air Volume (VAV) and Fan Powered Boxes (FPB’s), and Mitsubishi split units
- 24/7 monitoring of Data Center alarms (sent to Smart phone), respond as needed
- Communicate all Data Center system issue status to Property Management and IT
- Maintain accurate/detailed maintenance records
- Willingness and availability to perform snow removal tasks
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in commercial building operations and maintenance.
- High school diploma with technical school certification.
- Strong knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems and equipment.
- Ability to perform basic general maintenance, i.e. light carpentry, painting, locksmithing etc.
- Proven skill to cost-effectively troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Proven ability to read and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams etc.
- Prior experience with chemical treatment of non-potable water and steam systems.
- Proven knowledge of current issues relating to building operations and maintenance, including CFC, IAQ, etc.
- Ability to effectively perform work in accordance with governmental and other regulatory agencies including EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: BUILD04153
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a Fortune 500 company and a
leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy
infrastructure, and building services.
View the full profile
A provider of critical infrastructure systems, EMCOR gives
life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by its planning,
installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and
dynamic systems that create facility environments This includes electrical,
mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and
power generation systems---in virtually every sector of the economy and for a
diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a
rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of
an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations.