To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA 50313
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Inside Sales Representative - Des Moines
Ryerson Inc. • Des Moines, IA
Posted 1 month ago
Travel - None
Degree - High School
Manufacturing, Other Great Industries, Sales - Marketing
Customer Service, Entry Level, Sales
Job ID: 5348
Joseph T. Ryerson Inc., and Son is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently seeking a qualified Inside Sales Associate to join our Des Moines, IA sales team.
This is a transactional and relational position that works with internal and external customers in the sales function.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Daily interaction with large customer base on contractual and transactional business
• Responding to customers quotations, needs, inquiries, and complaints
• Administrative processing of customer orders (i.e. quotations and order entry)
• Sourcing for non-stocked items and work order entry
• Following up and out calling for direct sales
• Sharing of any interaction and involvement with customers that might require the outside salesperson’s attention, or may result in additional sales
• Understanding the goals and concepts of our business and incorporating business goals to achieve sales and profitability
• Working closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, systems, warehouse, and other departments in the company.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• High School Diploma/GED required
• 1-3 years previous sales/customer service experience preferred
• Aggressive, competitive, and self-motivated attitude
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Strong math aptitude
• Detail oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem solving / conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individually
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Job ID: PCK549-18100
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.