Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
This position is located in Bayonne, NJ.
Purpose of the job:
Provide engineering conceptual and detail design on special key projects and major maintenance projects.
1. Serve as Project Manager on key capital projects. Responsible for design, project management, equipment specification, cost estimating, bidding of contractors, contract negotiations, field oversight, procurement oversight, project budget and start up of new and revamped facilities.
2. Prepare project status reports, construction oversight, commissioning and start up planning.
3. Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Provide technical support to other members of the Engineering Department on projects for which he is not designated as the Project Manager.
5. Provide support to the Marketing Department in the way of facilities and proposal estimates for potential new business.
6. Host customer technical representatives in their inspection and audit of their facilities leaded from IMTT.
7. Provide occasional technical assistance and liaison to other IMTT terminal locations as needed.
8. Provide technical support as needed to environmental staff for DPCC needs and to maintenance personnel for Preventive Maintenance Program.
9. Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
(A) Mechanical Engineer or Chemical Engineer or equivalent.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
(A) Minimum five years of project management and mechanical design/drafting experience in a refinery or terminal environment.
(B) The ability to estimate project cost.
(C) Minimum five years in layout, design and construction of fluid transfer system.
(D) Ability to oversee and direct construction disciplines.
(E) Ability to communicate effectively across many different disciplines.
(F) A working knowledge of pumps, valves, piping etc.
(G) A working knowledge of API and ANSI, ASME and NFPA standards.
(H) Familiarity with basic survey equipment and practices.
(I) Valid Driver’s License.
(J) TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials)
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
A) Computers and software
B) Two-way radios.
D) Allied office equipment
E) Company vehicles
F) Safety equipment
G) Survey equipment
I) Standard Drafting Tools
J) Hand Tools
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
1. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
2. Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
3. Ability to work in the outside elements.
4. Ability to work in an office environment.
5. Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
6. Ability to communicate with all other terminal departments.
7. Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting. Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
8. Ability to wear and use a respirator.
9. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Responsibilities Relating to Hazardous Substances:
Must be conversant in the general procedures regarding discharge control and containment. The Engineer must be able to apply these regulations and procedures to any terminal expansion and modification work.
Engineering Design Process