To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Real Estate Property Manager
San Diego, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A GREAT COMPANY
START ASAP APPLY NOW
Responsible for the management of the property management staff as well as to oversee a significant portfolio or property and to serve as a point person on third-party relationships. Oversees areas including the strategic, financial, and operational management of the portfolio. Manages in accordance with the company’s core beliefs and brand culture.
Job Duties - Essential Functions
PROPERTY & CUSTOMER
- Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional responsibility for property management business
- Provide overall property management leadership through the development and interpretation of policies and programs, coordination of information flow and property management strategy
- Provide direction and leadership to Property Management staff
- Manage service providers to ensure top quality work is performed in compliance of the contract and in a timely manner.
- Interface with other internal departments to ensure proper maintenance of buildings and customer satisfaction.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the lease, including court appearances/testimony as needed
- Proactively resolve customer requests and issues.
- Negotiate and facilitate contracts as required.
- Resolve tenant relations issues to ensure their satisfaction
- Perform regular property inspections with staff
- Oversee construction projects with project manager, including approving construction contract and invoices
- Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives
- Oversee the billing process including payment of invoices and disbursement of funds
- Monitor cash flow and cash requirements to ensure efficient use of cash
- Prepare necessary reports, annual budget, and other documents for owner in accordance with the management agreement Develop and maintain detailed property budgets and forecasts on property expenses and capital expenditures.
- Support prompt collection of management fees and reimbursements to overhead
- Develop and maintain detailed property budgets and forecasts on property expenses and capital expenditures.
- Track budget variances and ensure smooth recovery process
- Prepare monthly and year end CAM estimates and reconciliations.
- Manage the year-end accounting process.
- Monthly Reporting Specific
- Manage accounts receivable to ensure timely collection of rent by following company policy for non-payment, and provide monthly accounts receivable comments.
- Ensure all legal paperwork and actions are in process; works independently or with legal or accounting departments.
- Review and provide approval for invoices; ensures all team approvals have been managed within their own established thresholds.
- Direct responsibility for assigned team including annual appraisals and development plans.
- Manage third-party service providers and engineering teams relating to customer satisfaction and operation of building. Ensures services and behavior comply with company standards.
- Implement and manage portfolio wide special initiatives and projects. May include committee initiatives or contract management.
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in property/facilities management. Prior supervisory responsibilities required.
- Excellent computer, communication, organizational and customer service skills, specifically excel and
- Yardi or MRI experience necessary
- Knowledge of property management and terminology
- Inspection/verification of work (e.g., by vendors), go to site for after-hours emergencies when necessary
- Real Estate license