Lennar is looking for an experienced Product Design Director with a strong background in design to join our growing team.
As a Product Design Director, you will lead all aspects of the Lennar website's product design, including visual brand identities, typography, visual, interactive, animation, while establishing Lennar's in-house design system. You will work directly with a talented team of UX researcher, UI designer, UX copywriter, data analysts, product managers, and engineers to build and grow our design system that unites all our products under one consistent, accessible experience for our customers. You will use your role as a leader to enable our teams to focus on the details of the front-end and design tools while also not being absent from direct contribution.
This role may be for you if you have an incredibly refined design palette and high standards for quality. You aren't afraid to give direct feedback but have the emotional intelligence to do so in a way that inspires appreciation, respect, and action. You also have a deep understanding of front-end technology and the platforms that enable it.
- Partner with Product and Growth Marketing to bring consistency and unity to our whole customer experience
- Maintain the highest quality standards in design and front-end execution
- Establish digital design brand standards that are informed by strategy, user research and integrated between customer touchpoints and product experiences
- Drive accessibility as a core ethos within the design system team and the company at large
- Work through complex architectural challenges to create elegant and simple solutions
- Have a passion for typography, illustration, photography, motion and composition
- Directly contribute to design and front-end components in React and Figma
- Work with current branding and evolve it to the next level
- Develop processes so all copywriters, designers and engineers can contribute to our systems and enjoy the process of doing it
- Partner with Product and Engineering to prioritize the team's focus
- Guide and mentor a small team of designers to ensure high-quality output.
- Make individual design contributions by working ahead on longer-term projects and supporting the team when needed
- Ability to roll-up sleeves, give creative and art direction
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of 6-8 years of digital product design and art direction experience
- BFA/MFA in design or a related discipline
- Experience leading a design team in both design practice and people management
- A mastery of user interface, interaction design, and prototyping
- Strong visual and typographic sensibility
- Deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative research inform product and design decisions
- An empathetic listener who can give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback
- Able to present and explain design effectively, regardless of the audience
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends
- Portfolio is required to apply for this job
- Art Direction
- Computer Animation
- Customer Experience
- Human Computer Interaction
- Interaction Design