To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY 40202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Banquet Captain - University of Louisville
Aramark • Louisville, KY
Posted 8 days ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
Position Summary: The Captain directs and supervises the flow of the dining room by providing immediate, courteous and friendly interaction to every guest entering the dining room. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Responsible for greeting guests, seating guests, guest reservations, telephone etiquette and facility cleanliness
- Selects and assigns tables for every guest party according to time, business levels and flow
- Seats table sections evenly, efficiently and fairly, according to the guest’s desires, business levels, server rotation and management direction
- Works closely with the kitchen staff and servers to optimizing communication to ensure efficient operations pertaining to the ebb and flow of the dining room
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a fine dining host
- Previous experience as a supervisor in a restaurant/food service industry preferred
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Requires ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Must be able to remain poised while work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Requires constant standing and walking
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran