The Role: The Principal Process Safety Engineer, reports to the Sr. Director of EHS providing process safety and risk management expertise to 15+ chemical manufacturing sites globally. You will be a technical expert with a process engineering background. You will develop and ensure the implementation of corporate level strategies, programs, and procedures to help achieve global health and safety performance goals.
How You Can Create Value:
- Facilitate a global network of process safety subject matter experts (SME's) that align to company-wide strategic goals.
- Develop risk reduction solutions
- Ensure global harmonization of process information and process hazard analysis (PHA / LOPA)
- Direct the implementation of process safety standards, assuring the foundation for regulatory compliance, management of risk, training/competency development, program consistency and continual performance improvement.
- Provide technical support to:
- capital projects
- existing businesses
- R&D operations
- incident investigations
- 10+ years of plant experience
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline (ChemE preferred)
- An advanced degree and/or Professional Engineer is desired
- Use Process Safety best practices within a globally-distributed, multicultural team
- Provide expert advice and assistance to design, construction and maintenance engineers and operating personnel on all matters of safety engineering.
- Knowledge of process safety compliance and industrial process safety-related consensus standards (OSHA, HSE, NFPA, ANSI, FM Global, API, ASME, ATEX, SEVESO, AIChE, CCPS, IChemE, etc.)
- Competency Based Development
- Diversity Awareness
- Health Safety And Environment