CDL Class B w/ Tanker endorsement - Sweeper & Water Truck DriverLocation:
Charlotte, NCSalary Interval:
Salaried, Non ExemptPosition Description
Benefits Package Includes:
Paid Time Off
Immediate Holiday Pay - 4th of July, 2 days for Thanksgiving, 2 days for Christmas
After 90 days - medical, dental, vision, 401K w/ match, $30,000 company paid life insurance
Inclement weather policy - guaranteed up to 40 hours
Safety incentivesPOSITION SUMMARY
The CDL Class B Truck Driverw/ tanker endorsementmust work safely and productively on various sized project sites. A successful candidate in this role must be highly motivated and willing to complete any task assigned, along with performing the essential duties of operating the water truck, sweeper truck and some roller duties. All employees are expected to communicate, always build relationships with other team members and use good judgment. TheCDL Class B Truck Driveris expected to have the ability to perform all duties of the positions preceding it in its specific career path, while being responsible and accountable to complete any other tasks assigned.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Work in a safe manner and comply with WBI, client, OSHA and DOT safety requirements.
- Serve as a safe and productive member of the Fleet Group.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections daily.
- Ensure correct number of chains, binders and straps are on hand for load securement.
- Load and unload equipment.
- Proper load securement in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Transport equipment and materials.
- Wash trucks and equipment when not driving.
- Keep beds of dump trucks cleaned out.
- Interact with internal and external customers professionally.
- Verify you have the right equipment or material for the job.
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work processes / tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a safe, accident/incident- free work environment is maintained for all co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all times
PM20Position RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High School Diploma/GED - required
- CDL Class B w/ tanker endorsement - required
- Implement assigned work tasks within designated work teams
- Read road maps - Use GPS
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment - desirable
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting, and maintenance-oriented reasoning
- Communicating with Service Center Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor, group superintendents, and team members
- Assisting with development and implementation of site safety and work-task plans
- Recognizing and correcting job site hazards
- Making judgments and decisions at task and process levels
- Listening, speaking, reading, and writing at a basic level
- Thinking logically and critically
- Seeing and interpreting details close-up and far away
- Focusing consistently on Safety, Quality, Production, and Innovation
- Customer service mentality
- Manual dexterity
- Mechanical reasoning
- Knowledge of technology - iPhone, iPad, etc.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Outdoors - frequently
- Indoors - rarely
- Loud noise - frequently
- Temperatures - seasonal
- Walking and riding on uneven terrain - frequently
- Multi-activity worksites - frequently
- 40 to 60-hour work week - frequently
- Valid Class B license w/ Current DOT Health Card- required
- Tanker endorsement - required
- Equipment operation experience - desirable
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification - required; training provided by Wayne Brothers
- First Aid/CPR - desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lifting, carrying, or moving up to 50 pounds
- Frequent steering, riding, bouncing, climbing
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Focus concentration, attention to detail
Wayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our EEO/AAE policy.
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Service
- Fine Motor Skills
- First Aid And Preparedness