The purpose of this job is to assist in manufacturing biodiesel. This position requires flexibility in job responsibilities to support various aspects of operations. All technicians are expected to be able to perform all job tasks.
This position will be a floating position and will flex between all different shifts at REG. Must be able to work all shifts up to 12 hours, overtime may be required. You will receive a shift differential depending on the shift assigned at the time. This is a great opportunity for team oriented candidates who have an interest in working in a manufacturing setting.
• Support our vision zero policy to eliminate any recordable incidents or injuries.
• Safety, loss control & environmental responsibilities include:
o Utilizing the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to accomplish the job tasks
o Being aware and making management aware of potentially hazardous conditions
o Locating and correcting noticeable odors, leaks or visible emissions
• Prepare equipment for mechanical repairs, clear, lockout/tagout and assist with repairs as needed.
• Manage hazardous waste.
• Follow all safety guidelines regulated by REG, OSHA, or other regulatory agencies.
• Learn and assist with general facility maintenance and housekeeping, including equipment inspection and monitoring throughout the facility.
• Maintain clean work environment in all areas of the process.
Biodiesel System Operations
• Follow standard safety, operational, and quality procedures.
• Assist in load out and receiving functions, which include preparing trucks and rail cars for shipment and loading products (oils and fats, process ingredients, and process chemicals).
• Learn to manufacture and load specialty oil products and properly document work completed.
• Monitor operating equipment (pumps, valves, pressure/temperature readings, fans and chemical treatment systems) designed to control the variables of the water treatment systems.
• Assist with weekly and monthly inspections of the rotating equipment and safety equipment such as fire monitors, fire extinguishers and hoses.
• Keep an open line of communication between inside and outside operating personnel and report all abnormalities.
• Operate forklift and rail equipment.
• Learn how to read drawings and piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
• Learn to operate the biodiesel master control system. This includes operations of the main master control, process production system, along with recording data and generating system reports on a timely basis.
• Perform minor mechanical repairs.
• Learn to perform various quality control functions for: oil, biodiesel, glycerin, recovered fatty acid, and water.
• Perform visual inspection of all types of inventory and measuring physical inventory on a periodic basis, which may involve working at heights.
• Operation of lab equipment to ensure sample quality.
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience Required: 6-12 months general work experience preferred. Previous chemical processing or related experience preferred.
Skills Required: General knowledge of computers, basic mechanical and electrical skills, and attention to detail
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.