To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Charleston, SC
Posted 1 month ago
Serious inquiries only. W2 basis.
If interested please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a member of this team, the Applications Engineer gathers information on functional requirements and reported problems, then designs, develops and test solutions to fulfill them. The systems operate in a virtualized environment. Technologies in the architecture include: VMware vSphere and View; Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer; NetScaler, Microsoft MDOP and Hyper-V, and other virtualization solutions. The successful candidate will have solid understanding, appropriate certification and hands-on experience with virtualization technologies in an enterprise-level Windows environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and sustain VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft virtualization solutions
- Conduct unit, integration and system testing
- Provide application support by assisting with releases
- Troubleshoot problems escalated from the service desk
- Explore new and new versions of virtualization and remote access technologies
- Assist with virtualization solutions enhancement, sustainment and support projects
- Participate in customer-facing projects as part of a delivery team
- Work in a large team environment
Meets all of the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Microsoft Server or Linux operating systems, including: Systems/Equipment Support, plus Test and Evaluation support of C4ISR requirements
- Have or be working toward one of the following certifications:
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) -- previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP), or
- A vendor/platform specific certification:
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
- Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP)
- Sun Certified Professional (SCP)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Other (with advanced approval)
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems or Computer Science
Additionally, meets the following requirements:
- Have working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012, Active Directory, DNS, group policies, and security policies
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Exhibit strong verbal communication skills
- Portray a demeanor to interact with all levels of an organization and with external customers in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Qualify to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
An exceptional candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- Active DOD Secret (or above) security clearance
- Experience with DoD applications systems and environments, especially C4ISR
- Knowledge in networking, routers, firewalls and V-LANs
- Strong written communication skills
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178