FUJIFILM North America Corporation is a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Corporation in Tokyo, Japan that provides equipment, consumables and technical support to the graphic arts industry; digital photo processing equipment, technical support and fulfillment services for commercial and consumer customers; consumer digital cameras, and motion picture films. The company is comprised of five operating divisions: Photo Imaging Products; Graphic Systems Products; Electronic Imaging Products; Motion Picture Film Products; and Optical Devices.
The Software Product Manager will report to the Senior Software Product Manager and be responsible for translating the strategic goals of the business into a successful portfolio of products. The successful Software Product Manager combines a strong technical background with a vision and customer understanding to define the long-term roadmaps for our products. The Software Product Manager serves as the Subject Matter Expert for capabilities of their product(s) and actively evangelizes the products’ value proposition to internal and external stakeholders. The Software Product Manager leads and manages multiple products or software solutions from the inception to end of life in order to maximize business value. He/she is responsible for identifying market problems, collecting voice of the customer feedback, and competitive analysis to effectively manage short- and long-term product roadmaps. The Software Product manager collaborates with key internal stakeholders within marketing, sales, development and service work groups to build and enhance products from existing ideas, and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects.
- Translates strategic business goals into a long-term vision for a successful product offering.
- Works with other Software Product Managers to ensure that strategic goals are emphasized and prioritized across multiple product roadmaps to ensure they are achieved.
- Continuously evaluates consumer and customer needs to refine and adapt the product roadmap for optimal business success.
- Collaborates with Software Development to translate the long-term product roadmap into a series of discrete software releases.
- Collaborates with Software Development to ensure software releases can be delivered in a timeframe that optimizes business success.
- Translates the product roadmap into a backlog of features that are continuously reviewed, prioritized, and groomed. Translates product backlog features into software requirements / user stories that can be estimated / scoped by a responsible software development organization.
- Collaborates with members of a User Experience to define an optimal user interface for the backlog items, ensuring that customer/user experience is always given strong consideration and priority.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for the Software Development team to address questions around any of the given requirements / user stories.
- Attends Software Development Sprint reviews to review the implementation of the requested features and to adjust as deemed appropriate for the optimal success of the product.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Technical Marketing, and other supporting resources to conduct Market, Consumer, and Competitive research to inform the product roadmap.
- Establishes and utilizes process to gather and prioritize Voice of the Customer input into the product roadmaps.
- Identifies new business opportunities and new product offerings based on learnings gathered through customer, market, and competitive research.
- Identifies and leverages tools to share information with other Software Development Managers and internal business partners and stakeholders.
- Evangelizes the product offering to customers, internal and external, as well as in support of potential sales opportunities.
- Provides product demos and effectively articulates the benefits and value proposition of the product offering.
- Works with Software Development to identify impediments to the product delivery and takes effective action to eliminate the impediments, including escalation to Senior Management as deemed necessary.
- Collaborates with Senior Business Leaders to ensure our roadmaps are deriving meaningful business value in terms of their sales and revenue potential.
Expectations/ Standards of Performance
Within 6-9 Months:
- Ability to demonstrate their Product(s) to potential customers as well as Senior Management.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with Product Marketing and Software Development organizations to actively plan Product releases, sprints, etc.
- Take active leadership role in prioritizing the features and requirements for new Product development.
- Full understanding of the Products to be managed; their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- General understanding of competitive products and their advantages.
- Define and articulate a 3 mos software roadmap inclusive of features as well as rationale, business value, and cost
- Define and articulate a 9 mos software roadmap inclusive of features to which align with business goals and strategic initiatives
- Establish a short-term roadmap of necessary features which align with the product goals and strategic vision, inclusive of 9 mos. development effort
Within 9-18 Months:
- Define and articulate an 18-36 month Product Roadmap.
- Thorough understanding of competitive products and their advantages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent undergraduate degree.
- Masters, including MBA preferred.
Required Skills / Experience
- 7-10 years of direct and relevant experience in a software product development role.
- 2-3 years of experience setting vision / direction or managing the development of a software product.
- 3-5 years of direct supervisory experience. Technical Skills
- Strong technical skills including solid understanding of computer operating systems (desktop and mobile) and specific, relevant technologies used in the development of their specific product(s).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding demonstration and presentation skills
- Knowledge of multiple software development technologies that will be used in the development of the products to be managed.
- 1-3 years’ experience with SCRUM or an equivalent software development methodology.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adopt new technologies.
- Non-Technical Skills
- Coaching and mentoring
- Drive for results
- Continuous learning
Desired Skills / Experience
- Human Factors / User Experience background preferred.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of data analytics methodologies and applications in order to drive roadmap decisions preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with imaging, photofinishing knowledge preferred.
- Strong ability to build relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Level Business leaders as well as Software Developers – the ability to bridge the Technical – Business communication gaps.
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
New Product Development