About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
The Supply Chain Manager is a critical role in Logistics Services that is responsible for managing the entire supplier community while optimizing product cost and inventory planning across the Amtrak commissary supply chain network. The role will be required to balance the sometimes conflicting goals of inventory targets, customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and safety stock requirements for the allocated portfolio of SKUs. This person is the key liaison to resolve supply/vendor issues, corporate Global Supply Chain & Procurement requirements, and ensure the efficient delivery of product inventory, service and cost objectives. This role will identify ways to improve the supply planning processes by utilizing current tools and leveraging the company's GSC&P as well as transportation industry resources in order to achieve superior client satisfaction.
The Supply Chain Manager, in partnership, will drive adherence to the strategic initiatives determined by GSC&P and Senior Operations Management. The Supply Chain Manager will ensure optimal performance through training, development, the audit process and driving adherence to standard supply chain practices, with specific focus on rail transportation application.
- Primary liaison to GSC&P, ensure corporate strategic programs are effectively communicated and executed, i.e. SKU optimization, product conversions, purchasing compliance, vendor optimization.
- Develop and lead supply chain strategic goals that align with operations team and client priorities, in order to drive customer service KPI objectives and Aramark top & bottom line growth.
- Collaborate with OpX Director to innovate and recommend process improvements, which will elevate client satisfaction and enhance Aramark's competitive advantage.
- Implement and maintain inventory/material management strategies by regular review of inventory parameters and levels (e.g. lead time, reorder point, safety stock, forecast accuracy, etc.).
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances and define corrective action plans to avoid reoccurrence; review out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommend mitigations; utilize exception reports to identify and correct potential out of stock issues.
- Identify and manage potential inventory obsolescence to minimize aged inventory, burn-offs, spoilage and eventual write-offs.
- Monitor and manage vendor food safety programs and audit schedules, reporting on the results of certified HACCP plans, annual third party inspections, pest control, sanitation and product safety and quality assurance programs.
- Ensure optimal cost-value financial objectives are achieved through continuous competitive pricing; facilitate and lead supplier RFP processes to provide pricing quotations and drive sub-contractor/supplier performance and value.
- Drive optimal national volume discounts/manufacturer rebates/marketing funds programs implementation, utilization and compliance to maximize economic value and cost savings.
- Negotiate all Contracts, Warranty and Indemnities and procurement terms for equipment suppliers including purchase prices, specifications, price protection, rebates, marketing funds, payment terms, statement past due status, A/P, invoicing and open PO compliance and warranties.
- Manage strategic, complementary, third-party relationships, manufacturers, suppliers, agencies, consultants, institutions, national scope vendor network activities, and required tastings/demos.
- Become proficient in PTI Report Suite and WIMS (warehouse inventory management system) to support business process compliance, supply, purchasing and inventory optimization efforts.
- Regularly visit and audit commissaries and vendors for compliance with standard supply chain processes; send regular trip reports that identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Facilitate and lead weekly supply chain national call to ensure the effective communication and resolution of product, supply and vendor related issues.
- Ability to conduct market, food & beverage, product trend analysis, and vendor selection specific to the transportation space.
- Partner with Product Development team, Gate Group Culinary team and other strategic partners/resources on gaining market feedback and develop action plans based on learnings.
- Work closely with regional staff, product development, centralized purchasing and client community (corporate based and in the field) in the implementation and evaluation of multiple new products, menus, promotional and pilot programs.
- Being accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process