To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Calibre CPA Group • Bethesda, MD
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Calibre CPA Group is seeking a dedicated Staff Accountant to join our Accounting and Financial Services department and assist in the daily administration of our clients’ finance departments.
This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Issue invoices to customers
- Record cash receipts
- Reconcile donor/member database to general ledger
- Monitor outstanding receivable balances
- Review timesheets for accuracy and completeness: approvals, charges, account/unit/departmental/donor numbers, before processing to ensure adherence to internal controls
- Review payroll change reports
- Utilize payroll service provider software platforms
- Research and resolves payment issues with employees as they occur
Accounts Payable and Cash flow
- Review invoices and expense reports for accuracy and completeness; approvals; account/class/grant/dept. coding before processing to ensure adherence to internal controls
- Assist with cash management to ensure that bill payments are timely and scheduled to maximize financial resources
- Work with Calibre Senior and Manager to determine that cash is available, according to the clients Cash Flow Report
- Complete all processing to ensure that checks or electronic payments are distributed according to schedule
- Prints checks and prepares them for mailing
Perform Monthly Closing Functions
- Perform the necessary functions to ensure that the Accounts Payable Ledger can be closed for the month. This includes ensuring that all invoices are processed for a given closed month by the 15th of the following month
- Reconcile checking, savings and investment accounts and resolve any reconciliation discrepancies
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for petty cash, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, deposits, accounts payable, payroll liabilities, accrued expenses and net assets on a monthly basis, working with the Senior
Prepare Tax Forms
- Prepare IRS 1099 and 1096 forms following IRS requirements and send them to vendors as necessary
- Follow up to ensure that the forms have been received
Maintains Records and Prepares Reports
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Maintain the vendor master files
- Establish and maintain an orderly filing system to ensure ease of retrieval of all checks issued, the related support, and all tax filings made, as well as all vendor files and communication
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system to ensure proper work paper support and aid in the review process
Respond to Auditor Inquiries
- Prepare various schedules and research and answer questions posed by external auditors to ensure that the auditor’s efforts are efficient
- Monitor engagement progress and changes and keep manager abreast of status
- Support the manager and partner in reporting to client management
- Work with program directors and staff at each client to establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
- Work with Payroll Service Providers to communicate changes and ensure that client payroll processing is accurate and timely
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Able to perform in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong client service orientation
- Experience with Quickbooks or other bookkeeping software a plus
Calibre is an established and growing public accounting firm with a 70-year history in the Washington, DC and Chicago markets. We are dedicated to providing the best possible working environment, including a commitment to the personal and professional growth of our employees. The firm offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance coverage options, 401(k) and profit sharing plans, and a generous paid time off policy. It is our goal to cultivate our employees and give them every resource to develop and grow into a career at Calibre. Please visit our website at www.calibrecpa.com to learn more about our firm.