Maintenance Mechanic in Springfield, MO
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Maintenance Mechanic is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by ensuring our equipment is running effectively and efficiently so we can meet our quality and time commitments to our clients.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
• Handle facilities modifications, equipment change over, and repair, encompassing electrical and mechanical aspects of each
• Support the coordination activities and provide assistance with internal and/or external resources, including contractors/vendors for maintenance inspection, and repairs to equipment and facilities.
• Perform preventive and scheduled maintenance on equipment and facilities according to schedules. Work includes but not limited to utilities, basic HVAC systems and process equipment.
• Troubleshoot complex mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems and/or various combinations of the above.
• Conduct inspections and repair of glass lined equipment
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
• High school diploma/GED
• Successfully pass the mechanical comprehension test
• 5+ years previous experience in maintenance or repair or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of the following: Pipe specs, mechanic tools, bearing heater operation, boilers and operation theory, refrigeration theory, RTO design, HVAC systems and all aspects of plant security
• Ability to provide your own hand tools
• Shift work required which may include weekends and/or holidays
• Ability to wear a respirator and to serve on the emergency response team
• Ability to drive and operate a fork truck
• Welding ability
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing facility
• Associates degree in industrial/mechanical
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)