Ultimate Staffing is seeking a Payment Posting Specialist for our client located in the South Miami area. A large outpatient center recognized as a local leader, the right candidates should have a sharp personality, a positive attitude, and great attention to detail.
Position Summary: Responsible for the expedient and accurate posting of payments received.
- Completes payment entry in a timely and accurate manner.
- Posts payments to practice management system (live checks, Online Credit Card, EFT deposits)
- Records batch totals with date and initials on payment receipt spreadsheet.
- Balances batches and runs transaction reports.
- Verifies deposits and scanned checks have been posted by month end.
- Properly communicates and documents payment denials in the practice management system.
- Identifies any payments not being paid at the allowed/contracted amount and communicates this to the appropriate billing representative - AR and/or Director.
- Batches patient statements electronically.
- Maintains professional knowledge regarding medical billing and coding procedures, insurance carriers, federal programs, etc.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of medical billing experience required.
- Candidates must be able to work with high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills required to operate practice management system (i.e., use Window operating system, conduct Internet searches, communicate by email, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate knowledge VIA on-lone skills assessments
Successful candidates will be asked to submit to national criminal background screening
Medical Billing And Coding
Health Information Management
Process Electronic Payment
Balance Electronic Payment