To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
720 West Muhammad Ali Boulevard
Louisville, KY 40203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Food Service Restaurant Unit Manager
Greyhound • Louisville, KY
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Greyhound, known the world over in transportation and one of the most recognized brands in the world operates restaurants in many of its terminals serving thousands of travelers each day. Our Food Service Unit Manager is the leader of the restaurant management team who plans, directs, leads and manages the restaurant. Active, hands on involvement is the cornerstone to achieving excellent operations which drives superior sales, profit, and customer/employee satisfaction. Our managers must be self-starters and operate with a high level of independence, autonomy and personal integrity.
- On the floor management – Nothing happens in the office; our managers are expected to spend most of their day teaching, training, motivating and encouraging excellent employee performance
- Maintaining adequate staffing levels – Successful managers maintain sufficient numbers of well-trained employees to handle the business while maintaining excellent employee commitment and moral
- Operational Excellence – The manager is responsible for ordering, preparing, cooking, handling and serving excellent quality food and beverages
- Maintain a spotless clean and safe restaurant while developing and executing cleaning methods and system
- Profit – Achieving budgets for food, labor and cash cost while maintaining operational excellence
- Prepare and submit accurate daily, weekly and monthly sales reports. Including: Probable Monthly Operating Statement. Daily Sales Reports, Invoice Transmittal Sheets and Sales Logs
- Conduct and maintain detailed inventory of Food, Retail and Paper products and ensure that a sufficient par stock is available through proper ordering, receiving and pricing. Inventories should be done daily, weekly and monthly, as necessary.
- Maintain all files and records in accordance with established company policy and comply with all Federal, State and Local directives relating to the operation of a food service establishment.
- Promote effective and positive working relationships with Customer Service Supervisors and other terminal employees
- Insure a safe, accident free environment through proper training of all employees in food handling, sanitation and safety procedures
- Maintain recipe development and plate cost extensions to control Food Costs
- Effectively Recruit Train, Schedule and Motivate hourly employees to ensure necessary staffing levels and quality Customer Service
- High School Diploma, Some college preferred
Three (3) to Five (5) years of salaried restaurant management experience
Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
Strong organization and administration skills
Aptitude for quickly learning new skills
Ability to work independent of daily supervision in a fast paced pressure filled environment
Prepare and submit accurate, weekly, and monthly sales and profit reports
Excellent office skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Excellent communications skills (oral, written and listening)
- Candidate must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Empathetic, with good listening skills
Excellent personal appearance
Job Category: Restaurant - Food Service, Retail