Calgon Carbon | A Kuraray Company currently has an opportunity where you can be a part of our growing team as we provide our customers outstanding products that make the air we breathe and the water we use safe for generations to come. We are seeking skilled and qualified Production Technicians for our Pearl River Plant production facility, located in the Port Bienville Industrial Park.
With minimal supervision, the Production Technician will effectively operate equipment in all areas of the plant (Coal Handling, Press Room, Bakers, Activators, Packaging, Pulverizer, Water Treatment) in the manufacture of activated carbon while meeting all safety and environmental compliance requirements, as well as quality and product cost targets.
Location: Pearlington, Mississippi
Top out hourly wage: $33.28 and excellent benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Operate plant equipment & perform minor maintenance
- Modify operating conditions to produce on spec product
- Provide required data and documentation
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Candidates must be 18 years old.
- Must be able to successfully complete a medical examination, drug test and background check.
- Must be able to read and write in English. Written operating manuals will be extensively used. Most communication will be in writing.
- United States Citizenship or Permanent Residents status due to government regulations covering export controlled products/processes.
- All employees must be safety and quality conscious.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry 50 pounds and climb industrial ladders.
- Must be able to be certified to safely operate a fork truck.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Hours of work: 7 days per week; 12 hour rotating shifts (6 to 6)
Calgon Carbon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Packaging And Labeling
Good Manufacturing Practices