To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead Solution Architect
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 19 days ago
***This position can be based in Memphis, TN, McLean, VA or Dallas, TX***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Lead Solutions Architect at Hilton, you will be responsible for the architectural and technical guidance for Back Office applications, as well as for leading the day-to-day activities for support vendors. You will drive technology specialists and vendors in deep-dive architecture reviews, makes technical development & design decisions to ensure the optimal outcome. You will utilize your technical expertise and analytical skills to work closely with Build Managers, Enterprise Architects and multi-functional teams to assess the architectural impact of business requirements on underlying Hilton Worldwide technology capabilities and platforms, identifying risks and issues with mitigations.
- Advise and/or contribute to application roadmaps.
- Adhere to Enterprise Architecture standards and strategy for the company including business, application, product, integration, data, and infrastructure architectures.
- Write (in collaboration with the Platform Architect) technical business documents such as software design specifications, system architectures and software requirements specifications.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership on software and/or platform architecture and design to software development teams by referencing and implementing standard methodology and approach.
- Provide leadership in delivery of project and initiatives.
- Lead internal and external partners in strategy and/or project initiation, architecture, requirements analysis, design, project management and systems integration activities.
- Work with the various internal IT groups to integrate solutions components (e.g. custom architecture, enterprise information), scope cost, timeline and understand implications on architecture.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Understand, document, and describe complex technical subjects
- Align business capabilities to IT solutions
- Act as a trainer, mentor, and advisor to colleagues
- Translate complex business and technical needs into technological objectives, plans, specifications, resources, and short-term goals
- Drive innovation in line with architecture standards and strategy
- Demonstrate expertise in software and/or platform design principles
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of IT experience
- Three (3) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Two (2) years IT project management experience in a Technical Lead or Supervisory aspect
- Business travel of approximately 5%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related discipline
- Seven (7) years of IT experience
- Five (5) years of software/platform design and implementation experience
- Two (2) years of software/platform design and implementation experience with cloud applications/technologies
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration experience
- Microsoft Office 365 Experience
- Cloud Platform experience (AWS or Azure)
- API Development experience
- Salesforce application development experience
- Microsoft .Net Application Development experience
- Database development experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!