Dyno Test Engineer
Responsibilities include: System Data Quality - work on identifying areas for improvement. Create test requests, run test, collect data, post process data. Present information at Engine Technical review. Dyno readiness - ensure that the dynos are ready for any new projects that are required of our group.
* Manage the critical spares inventory and making sure that sufficient spares are on hand at all times. Become dyno expert in using high speed data logging equipment, hardware set up, torsional vibration logging equipment.
* CAN expert, DBC file creation, Bus analysis, problem solving. Audit all sensors inventory; evaluate sensors and work with vendors for replacement, calibration, or upgrade of questionable items.
* Proficient in AVL PUMA with the ability to solve problems, create tests, and run the dyno. Generate reports that summarize the results and report at tech review.
* B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Mechanical Engineering, with an emphasis in internal combustion engines and associated coursework such as fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
* Minimum 3- 5 years of experience with development and testing of engines and components utilizing an engine dynamometer including setup and maintenance, development of test procedures, data acquisition and analysis.
* Hands-on experience of test equipment inspection, maintenance and minor repair.
* Previous data analysis, summarizing, and reporting writing experience. Proficient in Puma, Concerto, Excel, Word, database, and data acquisition software.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
Computer Control Systems
Proportional Integral Derivative (Closed Loop Control)