To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- DeWitt, IA 52742
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
COATER PRODUCTION MANAGER - De Witt, IA
Guardian Industries • DeWitt, IA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Coater Production Manager for our Float Glass Plant in DeWitt, IA.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Work with and through others to advance our Market Based Management (MBM®) culture; which requires supporting and promoting a culture of change, empowering employees to understand and accept accountability.
- Ensure health & safety standards are enforced and maintained where the focus is on prevention and peer-to-peer accountability. This includes:
- Housekeeping & 5S efforts, identification of safety gaps and initiation of corrective actions.
- Creating a culture where employees address unsafe conditions, unsafe behaviors and participate and make suggestions for improvement.
- Leading the drive for improvement in operational areas such as compliance, production yield, quality, and costs throughout the sputter coating process.
- Enhancing operational effectiveness by putting measurements and accountability in place that lead to and drive profitable action.
- Leading and tracking continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure; follow up as required.
- Work in partnership with the Shift Management team to execute on Coater performance standards that support production schedules and reduce unscheduled downtime to ensure coater quality and yields are optimized.
- Coach production supervision and department management on how to drive continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/coaching on creation of action plans for gap closure; follow up as required.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with peer group throughout region/globe to share and implement best practices in Coater operations to achieve \u201cBest in class\u201d results. This includes collaboration with our Science and Technology division on development and launch new products and processes.
- Constantly challenge the status quo, bringing new ideas to light on possible upgrades, and capital equipment needed to increase the capability and performance of the coating operation and keep up with the changing needs
- Educate teams on RCCA methods to find long-term solutions to issues. This includes driving the team to find gaps and develop plans to mitigate problems proactively, throughout the process.
- Encourage and promoted design ideas, and encourage experimentation to conduct process optimization and improvement experiments, and develop new hardware and processes based on experimental results.
- Work jointly with production scheduling to balance product inventories, maintenance and new product development time with a focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
What You Will Need?
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated track record of taking on progressively challenging assignments, and developing next generation plant leadership.
- Must have and be able to use analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to evaluate alternative solutions. This includes being able to quickly assess a situation, identify feasible solutions and make a sound decision to solve it.
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline is required. Chemicals, Electrical or Thin films engineering is ideal.
- 3 to 5 years of professional process engineering experience coupled with 7-10 years of manufacturing leadership experience, leading other managers is ideal. Other industries may be considered where there is applicable experience to prepare the candidate for this role.
- Advanced experience using problem solving methodologies such as RCCA
- Advanced experience using Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Ability to support a 24/7/365-day operation, including nights and weekends.
- Willing to travel up to 15%.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Background in coating technologies --- especially sputter coating technologies in ceramics or glass.
- Demonstrated leadership success -- especially in driving change and developing people.
- Glass or ceramics industry experience.
- Out-of-box leadership thinker.
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.