Project Engineering Specialist 3 for a contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in Hood River, OR
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Product Team is seeking a Project Engineering Specialist to support a technical development project.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and coordinates multidiscipline engineering efforts, including development, integration and test, for ongoing or routine projects.
- Performs engineering planning, integration, verification and validation and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses.
- Develops and administers work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects.
- Creates milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules; identifies project issues and proposes solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Monitors performance metrics.
- Prepares and presents outcomes, assessments and corrective action initiatives.
- Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team performance.
- Coordinates activities of project personnel.
- Submits project deliverables.
Experience and Education
Technical bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years related work experience or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in mathematics, sciences or technologies.
Knowledge of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its application.
Exercises engineering judgment in developing appropriate decisions considering decision criteria, implications, and possible consequences, to ensure product design integrity.
Demonstrates understanding of the applicable scientific and engineering knowledge and involves others in obtaining information for the engineering decision-making process.
Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
Manages budgetary and/or financial processes to ensure appropriate fiscal performance.
Knowledge of Project Management theory, concepts and principles (e.g., theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle etc.).
Knowledge of project planning principles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes on budget and on plan. Ability to define, design and plan projects, achieve project deliverables, and optimize the contributions of internal and external resources.
Ability to create project schedules to identify overall timeframe for project activities to meet the defined project objectives (to include major milestones), identify resource requirements for projects, and manage those resources throughout the project life cycle.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only Email resume in MS Word Doc Format: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineering Specialist 3
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Aerospace or Defense exp.
Email resume in MS Word Doc. Format: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Engineering Specialist 3
Recruiter: Albert Peniche –
Work Breakdown Structure
Earned Value Management
Project Risk Management
Project Management Life Cycle